Corporal Gina Di Renzi and 1st Sergeant Helen P. Whiteley with some of the dog mascots belonging to their unit, the Headquarters Section of the 3561st Service Unit, of the Women’s Army Corps (WAC) at Camp Atterbury, Indiana during World War II (No. 224 A). The dogs are Zip, Butch, Corky, Sgt. Pete, and Cpl. Ezzie (from “Camp Crier” newspaper, September 24, 1943).
Photo source: Indiana State Library
Usage: Public Domain