Close-up photo of a Coast Guard SPAR taken during WWII. The SPARS was the World War II women’s branch of the USCG Reserve, established by the U.S. Congress and signed into law by the President Franklin D. Roosevelt on 23 November 1942. The SPARS were assigned to every USCG district except Puerto Rico, and served in Hawaii and Alaska as well.
Photo source: U.S. Coast Guard
Usage: Public Domain